Steps in Recruitment
At Link Care, we are always looking for kind, compassionate and caring people to join our team of Healthcare Assistants.
If you are a caring person or want to start out a career in health and social care or returning to work after a break, then come and talk to us at Link. We will invest in your development and career progression if you are willing to work hard. We have staff who joined the team in a junior role and through consistent hard work have progressed to more senior roles in the organisation.
We require no previous experience, as long as you have these values and are willing to learn.
- Link – Connect, listen and focus on the other person (this can be our Service Users and Staff)
- Enjoy – Take pride in your work, be happy and innovative and help others to enjoy life.
- Care – care, compassion and promoting choice, rights and celebrating individuality and diversity
- Outcome - Outcome based care planning, strategies and policies, striving for the best outcome.
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, representing different ethnic groups and with different religious beliefs.
Complete the e-application form below. Once we receive the form, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.
When you come for an interview, please bring the following:
- Valid UK ID
- NI number
- 2 proofs of address including bank statement (dated within last 3 months)
- 2 passport sized photos
- 2 reference details (contact name, number and email address)
- GP details
- Copy of your CV
- Any certificates relating to relevant qualifications
If you pass the interview stage, we will submit your DBS application for an enhanced check and invite you to complete your training.
Training consists of the following:
- Theory training in the 15 Mandatory Care standards – this can be completed in 2 days at the office premises.
- One day for practical training at the office premises which includes Moving and Handling and Medication.
- 2 days shadowing existing workforce in the community to learn the practical know-how and experience the different situations encountered by staff on a daily basis.
We will invite you for an induction to commence work based on the following:
- Receipt of enhanced DBS check from the authorities.
- Satisfactory response to 2 references.
- Completion of the training as stated above.
what do we offer:
- Part-time or Full-time hours based on pre-agreed availability.
- Guaranteed Hours Contract based on pre-agreed availability.
- Welcome bonus to be paid if you stay with the company for at least 3 months.
- Holiday pay.
- Free DBS check – costs refunded if you stay with the company for at least 3 months.
- Free uniform.
- Access to Company Car Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- Career progression to Senior care position including Team Leaders, Field Care Supervisors, Homecare Administrators, Care Coordinators. We support our staff and have staff to develop a range of skills which is why we have many loyal staff.
- Full support and access to further your studies in Health and Social Care by doing specialised courses or embarking on QCF Level 2, 3 or 5 in Health and Social Care.